Spending time on the putting green putting is one thing, but are you improving your skills?
Here are 4 drills you can do regularly to help you improve your putting.
1. BALL ON THE COIN
– Place the ball on a small coin when you practice putt.
– Watch for the coin after you putt
This drill will assist in keeping your head still throughout the stroke and focusing on completing a solid stroke.
2. TEE IN FRONT OF THE HOLE
– Place a tee directly in front of the hole
– Putt from 3-6 feet
– The object to is hit the tee dead middle so the ball doesn’t go in the hole.
This drill will assist in narrowing your focus and learning to roll the ball straighter
3. BLUETACK ON THE FACE
– Place two pieces of blue tack on the putter face either side of the sweet spot
– Make them narrower on the face as you improve
– Hit putts from various lengths to ensure you are making a centred strike putt.
This drill will assist in returning the putter face back to the ball to make a centred strike and reduce miss-hits
4. PUTTING RAIL
– A 1 metre Flat Aluminium bar is available for a couple of dollars from most hardware stores (ie Bunnings etc)
– Place the ball on the end of the bar
– The object is to putt the ball and make it roll off the very end.
Learning to roll the ball all the way off the end of the bar will help teach you how to roll the ball straight for your shorter putts.
These drills can be practiced on the green or even at home on the carpet. Completing these drills regularly will improve your putting quickly.
Book a lesson with David by clicking the button below