David lived and grew up playing golf locally. He was a member at Spring Valley Golf Club for 17 years and managed to win their Club & Junior Championships several times. He proudly represented the club in VGA Pennant and was a part of their winning 1992 and 2000 Division 1 Pennant Teams.
David commenced his Traineeship at Keysborough Golf Club in 2002.
He finished his traineeship in 2004 as:
- Victorian Trainee of the Year
- Australian Trainee OOM Winner
- Australian Golf Digest Trainee Player of 2004
- 1st – 2003 A&L Windows Trainee Country Series
- 1st – 2003 Victorian Trainee Championship
- 1st – 2004 Victorian Trainee Championship
- 2nd – 2004 NSW Trainee Championship
- 2nd – 2004 WA Trainee Championship
- Numerous Trainee Events & Trainee Pro Ams
David has been a full member of the PGA of Australia since 2005.
Professional wins include:
- 2005 Safety Beach Pro Am – Score: 60
- 2009 Nurmurkah Pro Am – Score: 69
Retiring from playing due to injury, David turned to his passion for coaching. This passion saw him make the 2016 Australian Golf Digest Top 50 Coaches list.
He has previously held Teaching Professional roles at Cardinia Beaconhills Golf Links & Rossdale Golf Clubs.
- Fly Fishing & Fly Tying
- Amateur Lawn Entusiast
- Website & Graphic Design
A note from David:
“I am dedicated to assisting golfers off all ages and abilities to “Live to Play Better Golf” My goal is to ensure students learn life long skills to improve their golf and not just receiving tips of the day.
- Identify areas of improvement in entire game
- Collecting game & technique data is important
- Understand concepts, not follow a set of instructions to try and accomplish without knowing WHY.
- Every student is unique. Everyone has different movement patterns and learning styles.
- Results are important
I would love the opportunity to assist you with your game. Enjoying the challenge of improvement and enjoyment of playing the game better.”
Excellent coach, really gets the best out of the kids, great coaching style, fun and effective.
Great at teaching at all levels of ability from beginner to professional.
Since David Williams became my golf coach I have dropped my handicap from 22 to 13 and can easily see myself losing many shots as our relationship continues.
I feel like I have found a proper coach in David. Not someone who just talks at me and tells me what to do. He takes the time to show me my swing and explain how I can improve.
|30 Minute Lesson||$70|
|60 Minute Lesson||$130|
|6 x 30 Minute Lessons (1 free)||$350|
|6 x 60 Minute Lessons (1 free)||$650|
|30 Minute Lesson||$50|
|60 Minute Lesson||$100|
|6 x 30 Minute Lesson (1 free)||$250|
|6 x 60 Minute Lesson (1 free)||$500|